Foreign dredged material

Foreign material

Foreign dredged material can be deposited in the Slufter if it originates from upstream areas of the Netherlands, including the rivers Rhine, Meuse and Scheldt, and the rivers Elbe, Ems and Weser which flow into the Wadden Sea in northern Germany.

Dredged material from abroad can only be accepted if the Port of Rotterdam Authority grants permission.

In addition, foreign dredged material can only be stored in the Slufter if approval has been granted by means of a European Ordinance on the Transfer of Waste (EVOA).

If you have any questions or queries, please contact us here.